One door closes, another one opens!

>> Monday, April 25, 2011

Today is a good day!

I went into my new job and filled out all the new hire paperwork! Friday was my last day at Clayton, and I won't lie to you-I am so relieved.

I will now be in an office environment with more adults and NO KIDS. Nothing against kiddos in general, but Clayton had moved me to a new center and I wasn't very happy there! Being around 30+ children Monday through Friday is incredibly draining-both mentally and physically.
The fact this new position is full time is a God send. I've been looking for full time work for over a year, and I was starting to lose hope I would ever find a better job! I'll be making the same amount per hour as I did at Clayton, but I'll be doubling my hours per week, therefore doubling my pay per week! AWESOME. I'll be able to bring in more income for: rent, bills, and groceries. Also awesome: I get to wear cute clothes to work! YES! No more khakis and polos or summer t-shirts. I'm very excited!
Oh, and since I've gotten a better job, Joe and I are going to start looking for a dog. THAT I'm pretty excited about! It's been lonely here without a pet. I've grown up with dogs and cats always being around. After I moved out, and I didn't take any of them (like Mom would have let me!), I've been pretty sad without one! We saw a dog at PetCo that I fell in LOVE with...so hopefully we can get him before someone else does!
EDIT:
So, someone else already got that dog. Bummer. I did find two Husky puppies at Watauga animal shelter...and Joe is VERY interested in one of them. HOWEVER (I hate howevers)-I found out the pet deposit is $500 at our complex! FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!! Oh, and $10 pet rent per month after that. It's looking like we won't be able to get a dog (or any kind of pet) now. The $500 is for any kind of pet: cats, dogs, hampsters, etc. I am so heart broken. I hate not having a dog, ugh! :[


I have taken this week off before I start my new position, and I'm looking forward to doing whatever I want to do! Won't be much, but I'll take a mental vacation! Please and thank you!



Later Days!
Dani

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP